This homemade vegetarian pizza recipe is a great healthy alternative to ready made pizza. It has the delicious fresh flavour of a gourmet vegetarian pizza. There are so many vegetarian toppings you can choose from. Simply choose your favourite vegetables, chop them up and add them. The possibilities for vegetarian pizza ideas are endless. This vegetarian pizza recipe is a simple one made with a topping of onions, mushrooms and olives. A vegetarian pizza dough recipe has been included, however you can always use a store bought pizza base if you don’t have the time to make your own.
|Serves||Prep Time||Cook Time||Calories||Sat Fat|
Makes 3 Pizza (1 serve = half a pizza)
20 mins + dough time
*Note: Calories and saturated fats value are on a per serving basis.
How To Make Vegetarian Pizza Recipe
- In a large saucepan, make the tomato base by cooking together the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, oregano, bay leaf and salt
- Divide the paste into 3 portions, and spread one portion over each pizza base.
- Add cheese, onion, mushrooms and olive toppings
- Bake in a pre-heated 225 degree celsius oven for about 20 minutes
- Serve hot with a side salad made with rocket and balsamic vinegar, topped with grated parmesan cheese.
How To Make Vegetarian Pizza Dough Recipe
This recipe makes 3 pizza bases.
- In a bowl, mix 4 cups strong bread flour with a teaspoon of yeast and a teaspoon of salt.
- Gradually add between 1-1.5 cups of water (depending on the consistency you prefer), and mix.
- Knead the dough until smooth.
- Cover the dough and leave it to rise until it is double in size.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces and leave to rest for a few minutes.
- Roll out each piece on a floured board to 5mm thickness.
- Place on a thin baking tray sprayed with olive oil.
- Add your favourite toppings!