A delicious stuffed chicken breast recipe with a mouth watering spinach and ricotta filling. This is a healthy baked chicken recipe that is served on a bed of tomato and garlic flavoured couscous. To keep the calories in check, low fat yoghurt and olive oil spray are used instead of butter. It is an easy recipe that can be ready in about an hour and is an interesting way of using chicken breasts for a family dinner. The creamy spinach and cheese filling keeps the the chicken juicy and tender. To add to the presentation of this dish, the stuffed chicken breasts are cut into 2 cm pieces and laid on the couscous to give a lovely contrast.
|Serves||Prep Time||Cook Time||Calories||Sat Fat|
*Note: Calories and saturated fats value are on a per serving basis.
How To Make Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Marinate chicken breasts in yoghurt, garlic, ginger, chillies, salt, pepper and coriander.
- Leave chicken to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Mix spinach, onion and rocotta cheese together.
- Place each chicken breast on a piece of foil, sprayed with olive oil.
- Place spinach filling on top of the chicken breast, and roll tightly, sealing the foil on both ends.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the oven.
- Make a sauce for the couscous by cooking tomatoes, onions, garlic and basil together.
- Make couscous as per packet instructions, and mix in tomato sauce.
- Cut chicken roll into thick slices and serve with couscous.