This salmon risotto is a healthy version of a traditional Italian risotto. The butter is replaced with olive oil and parmigiana cheese has been omitted. It has a creamy delicious flavour as it is made with starchy arborio rice like all good risottos. The addition of fennel gives a tantalising flavour to the dish. The best part of this easy risotto is that there is no tedious stirring involved. All the rice is added at once to the pan and its left to simmer until done. So now you can enjoy a healthy risotto at any time and prepare it in half an hour. Salmon risotto has never been so easy.
*Note: Calories and saturated fats value are on a per serving basis.
How To Make Smoked Salmon Risotto Recipe
- In a large saucepan, add olive oil, and fry onion, fennel and garlic till golden.
- Add washed rice, add salt and tumeric and toast for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and water, stir well and leave to simmer for about 20 minutes until the rice is “al-dente”
- Add salmon.
- Stir gently and remove from heat.
- Divide into 4 servings, and garnish with sprigs of fennel leaves