This tasty shish kebab is made from minced beef instead of lamb. As a result, it is healthier than the shish kebabs made in traditional Middle Eastern or Pakistani cuisine. This is because beef contains about half the fat of lamb. Beef kebabs can also be made using diced beef instead of mince. However, this recipe is far tastier. By the same token, limit your serving portion as beef contains saturated fat. This shish kebab recipe can be made either by grilling in an oven or on the BBQ. As an additional healthy step, this recipe is served up with a salad instead of rice. A helping of naan bread on the side will make this meal truly enjoyable. A good alternative to having a hot dog full of processed meat!
Makes 16 Serves 4
*Note: Calories and saturated fats value are on a per serving basis.
How To Make Shish Kebab
- In a large bowl, mix beef with garlic, ginger, salt, cumin green chillies and coriander.
- Shape beef into long finger shapes by pressing around a skewer, so a hole remains in the middle.
- Play on a grilling tray and spray with olive oil
- Grill in the oven at high heat until brown
- Serve hot with a side salad and naan bread