This spicy Indian roast chicken recipe is an all-time favourite. A lovely twist on traditional roast chicken it a healthy and delicious recipe bursting with mouth-watering flavours. It is an easy recipe to make and an ideal meal to serve with a salad or whatever vegetables are in season. You can cut up a couple of potatoes into wedges and add them to the baking tray to roast in the pan together with the delectable juices of the chicken. Serve with some garlic bread or pita bread.
*Note: Calories and saturated fats value are on a per serving basis.
How To Make Indian Roast Chicken Recipe
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Clean chicken cavity well under running water, then pat dry with paper towel.
- Make a marinade with lemon, olive oil, garlic, tomato paste, salt and chilli powder.
- Season the chicken cavity and outer part by smearing the marinade all over.
- Place the chicken into a roasting pan and roast for 80 minutes (20 mins per 500g of chicken)
- Baste with juices while the chicken is roasting
- Remove from oven when the chicken is golden, and juices run clear when the thigh is pierced.