This mushroom pasta recipe is a brilliant way of using mushrooms in a meal. The meaty flavour of mushrooms combined with garlic makes a delicious mouth watering creamy mushroom pasta sauce . Pasta is relatively low GI, however you can’t overdo your portions if you’re trying to eat healthy. The creamy sauce is made with flour and low fat milk instead of full cream and butter. As result it is a healthy low-fat alternative sauce. You can use any pasta your like. This recipe uses penne as the creamy mushroom sauce coats it really well and fills up the hollows to make an tasty meal.
|Serves||Prep Time||Cook Time||Calories||Sat Fat|
*Note: Calories and saturated fats value are on a per serving basis.
How To Make Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe
- In a large saucepan, bring to boil 3.5 litres of water, and add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Add the penne and cook till al-dente, then drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the mushroom sauce.
- Dissolve the flour in a cup of the cold milk and leave aside.
- In a heavy-based frying pan, add olive oil and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture, reduce the heat, and stir.
- Add the remaining milk gradually and keep stirring the sauce until is begins to thicken.
- Add the cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add the penne and combine well.
- Garnish with more parsley and cheese.
- Serve hot with a slice of crusty ciabatta bread.
This salmon risotto is a healthy version of a traditional Italian risotto. The butter is replaced with olive oil and parmigiana cheese has been omitted. It
This traditional Spanish paella recipe is a nourishing and vibrant dish made with a variety of seafood and has a crusty golden soccarat at the