This Indian style lamb chops recipe is a tasty way of preparing an old favourite. Grilling meat or preparing on a barbecue is a healthy way of cooking as there is less added fat. However, lamb is a cut of meat that is relatively high in saturated fat therefore you should trim excess fat off it to get a leaner cut. Limit your serving as well to keep the calories in check. Lamb is a source of high quality protein though and as such it makes for a filling meal. Grilling preserves the natural tenderness of meat, and the unique smoky flavour is hard to beat. Grilled food can be served up with a variety of side dishes. In this Indian style lamb chops recipe the addtion of green chillies give the finished dish a mouth-watering tinge of heat.
20 mins + 3hrs Marination
*Note: Calories and saturated fats value are on a per serving basis.
How To Make Indian Style Lamb Chops
- In a large bowl, make a marinade with the olive oil, garlic, ginger, salt and yoghurt
- Trim excess fat from the lamb chops.
- Coat the lamb chops well in the marinade, and leave aside in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Grill lamb chops on a barbeque or gas grill.
- Serve hot with a side salad.