This garlic butter chicken recipe is a twist on the traditional Indian butter chicken that you find in restaurants. Butter chicken is usually high in saturated fats, with fresh cream and butter being key ingredients. In this healthy variation, olive oil has been substituted for the butter. In addition, low fat yoghurt thickened with cornflour replaces the cream. The result is a tangier version of the traditional recipe, but as tasty. You can enjoy this classic recipe right at home with made from scratch with fresh ingredients. Indian garlic butter chicken is delicious served with rice or naan bread.
|Serves||Prep Time||Cook Time||Calories||Sat Fat|
*Note: Calories and saturated fats value are on a per serving basis.
How To Make Indian Garlic Butter Chicken Recipe
- In a large wok, fry onions until golden.
- Add ginger and garlic and fry for a few minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and fry for 10 minutes until firm.
- Add salt, cumin, red chilli, tumeric and garam masala, and fry for a further 5 mins.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 mins.
- Add yoghurt mixture, stir well, and leave to simmer for 10 mins.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, and serve hot with rice or naan.
Tandoori chicken is an Indian favourite. This version is made in a lovely spicy marinade. Because it has less oil it is a healthy way