A quick and easy chicken tomato pasta recipe that your whole family will enjoy. An ideal low calorie recipe made with a fresh homemade tomato sauce. You can use left over chicken for this dish as it works just as well. The delicious chicken tomato pasta sauce is a breeze to make as it’s just a matter of adding diced tomatoes to the pan while the chicken is cooking. You can even use canned tomatoes or a bottle of roasted garlic tomato sauce if you don’t have the time to chop up fresh tomatoes. This pasta recipe makes a perfect lunch or a superb weeknight Italian pasta dish. A healthy lighter way to enjoy chicken.
*Note: Calories and saturated fats value are on a per serving basis.
How To Make Chicken Tomato Pasta Recipe
- In a large saucepan, bring to boil 3.5 litres of water, and add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Add the penne and cook till al-dente, then drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a pan, saute the onions and garlic in olive oil, for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken to pan and cook until it turns white.
- Add tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper and simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and serve in a dish, topped with chicken sauce.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread.