This butter bean curry is a delicious Indian vegetarian dish that can be made either with canned or fresh butter beans or red kidney beans. f prepared with fresh beans, then soak the beans overnight. However canned beans work just as well as the juice makes a nice thick gravy. It takes just half an hour to make so you can have a tasty dinner on the table at short notice any time in the week. This spicy Indian curry is best served with fluffy basmati rice and a green side salad of lettuce, tomato and cucumber. Leftover curry freezes well and can be refrigerated for later use.
*Note: Calories and saturated fats value are on a per serving basis.
How To Make Butter Bean Curry Recipe
- Heat oil in a pot, add onions and fry until golden brown
- Add mustard seeds, and when they begin to splutter, add tomatoes.
- Add garlic, salt, tumeric, chilli powder and cumin powder, and stir.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then add beans, together with all the juice in the can.
- Stir and leave to cook on low heat for 30 minutes, until beans are cooked through.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with rice, and a side salad.