This Indian beef curry recipe is based on a traditional Madras curry. It is made with fresh spices and as a variation, potato and cauliflower is added to the dish. You can also make this Indian beef curry using store bought madras curry powder instead. If you like heat in a curry you can add more chilli powder to the dish. This curry is best served rice, however naan bread or roti works just as well. As a side dish, a green salad of lettuce and tomato adds a refreshing and cleansing taste and finishes off the meal. It is a quick and satisfying meal that the whole family will love.
For people on the Weight Watchers SmartPoints® Plan, this recipe is 8 WW Points per serving. This is based on nutritional estimates, and does not include Zero Points vegetables.
*Note: Calories and saturated fats value are on a per serving basis.
How To Make Indian Beef Curry Recipe
- In a large pot, fry onions in olive oil until golden.
- Add ginger and garlic and fry for a few minutes.
- Add beef and cook for 10 minutes until browned on high heat.
- Add salt, cumin, red chilli, tumeric, and tomato paste, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add water, reduce heat to low and cook until meat is almost done (about 25 minutes)
- Add potatoes and cauliflower, stir well, and leave to simmer for another 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, and serve hot with rice, roti or naan.